IBM Transformation Extender
Enterprises encounter a multitude of different data formats. There’s the type you use, the type your partners use, the industry standard and the types you might encounter in the future. In many cases, there’s a significant overlap between the formats in any of these categories. However, enterprises still need a way to translate data of all types so it can be used for business transactions. Most importantly, as these standards and practices evolve over time, businesses depend on a solution that can keep up with changing needs.
In the past, legacy applications and disparate internal transformation tools were the method of choice for many enterprises. However, they lack sufficient breadth of capability to provide comprehensive data translation. The IBM Transformation extender is a single transformation solution that addresses a variety of enterprise needs.
Here are some of the key benefits of the Transformation Extender
- This product works across all of IBM’s key integration solutions for file exchange. This makes compatibility with other systems easy and convenient.
- The Transformation Extender is a key component of IBM’s new Standards Processing Engine.
- It extends the Sterling B2B Integrator, WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere ESB and Business Process Manager while providing advanced capabilities for transformation and validation.
- With this solution, enterprise decision makers can manage and adapt to changing industry standards with easy-to-install Industry Pack updates.
- This product can be deployed within virtualized and private cloud architectures with Hypervision Edition.
- The Transformation Extender allows users to process large volumes of data efficiently with one-pass lookup, validation and transformation.
- Users can directly access data from source applications. This improves data integrity and high throughput transformation capabilities.
- Enterprises can aggregate disparate data and information stores to provide new business information views and services.
- Operators can also reuse transformation assets throughout the enterprise infrastructure. This provides consistency and scalability without the need to write custom code
Standards and compatibility
- For financial services, the platform supports Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol, National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), and Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT).
- In the healthcare industry, it works with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Electronic Data Interchange (HIPAA EDI), Health Level Seven (HL7) and the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP).
- In the insurance field, the Transformation Extender supports Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development (ACORD) standards.
- And for general EDI, the system is compatible with American National Standards Institute X12, the United Nations rules for Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce and Transport (EDIFACT), EANCOM (EANCOM is a GS1 subset of the UN/EDIFACT standard), Odette and Trading Data Communications Standard (TRADACOMS).
A pioneer in EDI technology, IBM offers EDI software for business process automation and integration that fits each business and its individual needs. Effective Data is experienced in the implementation of IBM’s wide range of software products, and you can trust that we can help you choose the option that best suits your needs. Effective Data will implement solutions that allow you to work seamlessly with your trading partners while maximizing efficiencies and cost savings. As an IBM reseller, Effective Data can offer our clients superior service and discounted pricing on future software purchases.