Food & Beverage EDI
Today’s food and beverage processing operations set the standard for 24/7 production planning and logistics. Precisely executed production processes ensure product delivery in optimal conditions. Partnered with food and beverage companies producing perishables, EDI drives round-the-clock operations, providing complete order visibility, reduced out-of-stocks or overstock, Advanced Ship Notices (ASN’s or 850’s) and traceability, resulting in reduced costs and maximized efficiencies.
With tight margins and stiff competition, food and beverage organizations must ensure service continuity. Effective Data’s range of EDI solutions can be customized to meet your bottom line cost savings and operational efficiencies.
EDI offers several benefits to the food and beverage industry:
- An accelerated “orders to cash” cycle, including faster dispute resolution and lead time on orders.
- Improved data accuracy, resulting in fewer lost orders and fewer product returns.
- Lot Tracking - The ability to add accuracy and speed to lot and expiration of perishable items.
- Origin tracking data to determine which field and farm a specific product came from, allowing officials to isolate potential health risks.
- The Grocery Products P.O. (875) meets distributors’ EDI requirements.
- For shipment notices (ASN, 856), your ERP system and transporter’s system can be configured for automated import of shipment information such as PRO or tracer information and weight or cubes.
- For invoices (810/880), learn immediately of rejection so a faulty invoice can be corrected.
- Most importantly – Cost Savings – EDI drives paperless automation, so you save on labor, paper, forms, postage, paper disposal and more
EDI Transactions for Food & Beverage
880 – Invoice (810)
875 – Purchase Order (850)
830 – Planning Schedule with Release Capability
862 – Shipping Schedule
997 – Functional Acknowledgement
855 – Purchase Order Acknowledgment
856 – Ship Notice/Manifest
860 – Purchase Order Change Request
864 – Text Message