EDI 865: Purchase Order Acknowledgement
In the course of the purchasing process between a retailer and a wholesaler, sometimes purchase orders need to be changed. Depending on the retailer involved or the stage of the purchasing process, making an adjustment can be exceptionally challenging. To allow buyers to make adjustments quickly and with minimal hassle, the EDI 865 document was created to allow sellers to acknowledge to buyers that their PO request has been accepted or rejected.
To be able to send or receive EDI 865 documents, you’ll have to adopt the Electronic Data Interchange and integrate it with your existing system. Turn to Effective Data for the EDI solution to fit your company’s budget and integration requirements.
EDI 865 Transactions
EDI – the dominant electronic document exchange format for more than 50 years – remains the standard for fast, accurate data exchange between businesses. Manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers use EDI for a range of activities related to product purchasing and shipping. The EDI 865 document empowers buyers to make adjustments to purchase orders as needed based on a range of attributes:
- Quantity increase or decrease
- Add or delete items
- Make changes to line items
- Price change
Product sellers can send an acknowledgment of EDI 865 on a line-item basis, indicating whether requested changes are made.
EDI 865 Solutions
Effective Data provides a range of solutions to allow your organization to submit EDI 865 documents.
- Our on-premise EDI & ERP integration resides on your server and computing infrastructure for a robust, in-house EDI solution for security, access and data integrity that are second to none.
- Cloud EDI, our fastest growing EDI solution, is a convenient, off-premise alternative that will allow your business to leverage EDI without the need for investment in additional computing infrastructure. Use it in connection with ED Connect, our proprietary web browser-based system, for a pay-per-use solution that is robust and affordable.
- Companies utilizing value-added networks can make use of EDI VAN for seamless, automated communication while using multiple formats for EDI translation.
- For small and mid-sized companies that can’t justify the expense of a fully automated EDI system, Effective Data has responded with Web EDI. This entry-level system is ideal for companies requiring EDI access, but only need to exchange a few documents per month.
Effective Data is the solution for companies of all sizes seeking to leverage EDI for business opportunities. Contact us today to learn more.